Last Updated: November 2019
CONTENT USAGE RULES
We understand that fans love ORION and want to explore the IP (our "Game Content"). Whether this includes recording footage, making music, taking screenshots and other projects (your "Works") - we've put this area together to make it easier for you all to do just that:
WHAT IS ALLOWED?
Simply follow the instructions and guidelines below ("Rules").
• DANKIE grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, revocable, limited license for you to use and display Game Content and to create derivative works based upon Game Content, strictly for your personal, noncommercial (except as specified below) use.
• This license is limited and clarified by the terms below. We may revoke this limited-use license at any time and for any reason without liability to you.
• If we determine you are abusing this license or its intent, you may hear form us.
• We reserve the right to update this license and the Rules at any time.
Sharing your Works:
If your share your Works with others, you must include the following notice about the Game Content. You may place this in a README file or on the web-page from where it's downloaded:
[NAME OF DANKIE PRODUCT] © DANKIE LLC. [TITLE OF YOUR WORKS] was created under DANKIE's "Content Usage Rules" using materials based on [NAME OF DANKIE PRODUCT], and it's not endorsed by or affiliated with DANKIE.
*Wherever you place this notice you must also include a link to these Content Usage Rules.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
We encourage you to create and redistribute your Works. You may post the Works on your own site or you may link to a third-party site containing your Works if you'd prefer as long as the third-party site does not break any of these Rules.
WHAT CONTENT IS COVERED?
These Rules apply to all games and Game Content published and owned by DANKIE LLC and for which DANKIE owns the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property.
NOTE: We are unable to grant permission to use games from other Publishers, or Game Content where DANKIE doesn't own the intellectual property. You'll need to contact the other publisher or property owner for that.
If you have any questions, please reach out directly:
While it's impossible to anticipate all use-cases, here is a list of things you can and cannot do:
• You cannot reverse engineer our games or products to access the assets or otherwise do things that the games don't normally permit in order to create your Works.
• You cannot use Game Content to create any Works that is: pornographic, lewd, obscene, vulgar, discrimatroy (on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc), illegal, hate speech, promoting violence, drug use or any illegal activity, promoting crimes against humanity, genocide or torture, or is otherwise objectionable.
---Whether any Works are deemed "objectionable" is entirely up to us.
• You cannot sell or otherwise earn any compensation from your Works, including through advertisements.
• You cannot enter into any Agreement with someone else to exclusively distribute your Works even if they don't pay you.
• You cannot use Works to promote any commercial venture, whether your own or someone else's.
• You cannot infringe on anyone's IP rights in your Works.
• You cannot use any official DANKIE or Game Content logos within your works.
• You cannot give the impression that your Works are in anyway authorized or endorsed by DANKIE.
• Works cannot give the impression that your Works are official products by DANKIE.
• Works cannot give the impression that your Works are directly related to ORION or other IP.
• You may make your Works available via YouTube or Twitch and participate in programs on those sites that allow you to earn revenue from ads displayed in relation to your Works.
• You may use your Works to enter a contest, competition or sweepstakes as long as the contest owners agree to follow the rules listed here.
• Works may make references to our Game Content, such as: "Let's Play ORION: Prelude" or "Top 10 Tips for ORION: Prelude".
• Once you've created and distributed your Works, anyone else using it also has to follow these Rules.
• If your Works are an Application or Website, it cannot include any: malware, adware, spyware or lead to spam or phishing attempts.
If you don't follow these rules, we have the right to inform you or others that your Works violate these Rules, that you have to cease distributing your Works right away, or that you need a commercial license.
WHAT IF YOU CREATE SOMETHING NEW IN OUR UNIVERSE?
• Distribution of your Works in any form constitutes a grant by YOU of a Royalty-Free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide, license to DANKIE and any of DANKIE's partners or users to use, modify and distribute those Works (any any derivatives of those Works), and use your name if we choose to, for any purpose without obligation to pay you anything, obtain your approval, or give you credit.
• This license to DANKIE survives any termination or expiration of these Rules.
WHAT THIS MEANS:
If you add to the game universe or expand on the story told in the game with any back story, features or modifications, distribution of your idea may appear in a future game without any compensation to you.
WHAT IF OTHERS WORK WITH YOU TO CREATE WORKS?
• If anyone wants to use your Works, including building, iterating or expanding on it, they have to comply with these Rules. We don't mind if other people assist you, but you have to be clear with them that it's not you granting permission to use the Game Content - it is us.
• Like you, others cannot earn money from their efforts except as permitted by Us.
Based on Microsoft's Content Usage Rules.